Mossy Family Hat | 0-6y years XS-L
The hat is knitted in double moss stitch from the bottom up. The pattern includes instructions to work the hat flat or in the round. The bottom rib folds out when the hat is finished, giving it a cozy feel.
- Construction: Knitted flat | Knitted in the round.
- Experience level: Advanced Beginner.
- Yarn: DK weight yarn.
- Tension: 17 stitches x 28 rows = 10cm / 4” in double moss stitch (and 17 stitches x 24 rows in stockinette stitch), with 5mm (US 8) needles.
- Yardage: approx. 60-170 meters depending on size.
- Needles: - Flat version: 5mm (US 8) straight or circular needles
- Round version: 5mm (US 8) circular needles with 40cm/16" or double pointed needles
- Knitting techniques: Knit, purl, Knitting in the round (optional), simple increases and decreases.
- Languages: English and Portuguese.