If there have been any benefits from the lockdown, it has been all the spare time we have had to catch up on our favorite TV shows. Streaming services such as Netflix have continually expanded their catalog at a time when cinemas are closed, and a lot of regular entertainment programs on broadcast channels have had to slow down production.
With the increased attention streaming services have received recently, we decided to take a look at Google Trends data to see what Netflix shows US citizens have been enjoying during lockdown, and in which states these shows are loved the most.
The research coincides with our two craft calculators that will tell you how long it will take you to make an item in terms of binge watching your favorite show.
The data showed that Tiger King was the most popular Netflix show across America, taking the number one spot in nine states. This was followed by Money Heist and 13 Reasons Why.
Knitting and watching TV have always gone hand-in-hand. There’s even a name for it now - Nitflixing! What’s not to love about watching your favorite show while working on your latest make.
The most popular Netflix shows in America and which states love them the most:
1. Tiger King Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Wyoming
2. Money Heist California, Florida, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Virginia
3. 13 Reasons Why Alabama, Connecticut, Mississippi, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Texas
4. Stranger Things Indiana, New Mexico, Ohio, South Carolina, Utah, Wisconsin
5. American Horror Story Alaska, Arizona, Kentucky, Nevada, South Dakota, West Virginia
6. The Last Dance Illinois, Idaho, Michigan, Oregon
7. Jeffrey Epstein: Filthy Rich District of Columbia, Hawaii, Montana, Rhode Island
8. Black Mirror Arkansas, Maine, Vermont, Washington
9. Riverdale Delaware, Georgia, Louisiana
10. Dead to Me Iowa, Maryland, Minnesota
If you’re worried about getting Netflix guilt; from spending all weekend watching your favorite shows and feeling unproductive when the end credits roll, worry no more. Once you get going with knitting (otherwise known as Nitflixing!) and crochet, it is easy to multitask and watch a show at the same time and thanks to our craft calculator you can input the number of hours of a show to work out what you can create simultaneously.
Check out our craft calculators to plan your next making session / Netflix binge:
With our craft calculators, you can now work out how many episodes it will take to complete your next project. Perhaps you knit yourself a new hat while watching Money Heist, or go the distance and make two crocheted blankets while binging Riverdale!
Here’s just a few examples of what you can create while catching up on your favorite shows:
1. Tiger King: 5 hours = a knitted pair of booties for a baby
2. Money Heist: 31 hours = a knitted hat for an adult
3. 13 Reasons Why: 46 hours = a crocheted bag
4. Stranger Things: 22 hours = a crocheted toy
5. American Horror Story: 86 hours = a knitted jumper for an adult
6. The Last Dance: 10 hours = a crocheted pair of booties for a baby
7. Jeffrey Epstein: Filthy Rich: 4 hours = a knitted pair of booties for a baby
8. Black Mirror: 22 hours = a crocheted baby romper
9. Riverdale: 63 hours = two crocheted blankets
10. Dead to Me: 9 hours = a knitted candle holder