How to Crochet in the Spiral
Crocheting in the spiral is the technique of working in the round in a continuous manner, without joining the separate rounds with a slip stitch. These steps are in US Terminology, so for every dc think tr in UK terms!
Step by step
- Rd 1, Ch3 (counts as first dc), 11 dc in 3rd ch from hook. Do not sl st in the 1st st of this rnd. (12 sts)
- Rd 2 - 2 dc in every st. (24 sts)
- Rnd 3 - *1 dc in next st, 2 dc, in next st. Repeat from * all around. Do not sl st in the 1st st of this round. (36 sts)
- Rnd 4 - *1 dc in next 2 sts, 2 dc in next st. Repeat from * all around. Do not sl st in the 1st st of this rnd. (48 sts)
- Rnd 5 crochet 1 dc in each in each of the first 3 sts, and 2 dc, and 2 dc in the following st.
- For rnd 6, crochet 1 dc in each of the next 4 sts, and 2 dc in the following st. And so on...
Share this video
Watch more tutorials
01:55Learn how to work a treble crochet decreaseMaster the treble crochet decrease with our easy steps!