How to Work the V Stitch
Learn how to work the V stitch
Learn to work the V stitch, a decorative stitch using treble stitches and chains that is easy to learn! V stitch is perfect for homeware, blankets and cushions, in any weight of yarn - and garments and accessories too!
Step by step
- Make a slip knot.
- Chain in multiples of three, plus five stitches.
- Work a treble crochet into the fourth chain from the hook.
- Chain one then work another treble crochet into the same chain.
- Miss three chains and work another treble, chain, treble into the next stitch. Repeat, until you have four chains left.
- Work the last treble stitch into the last chain and stop when you have two loops on the hook.
- Snip the first colour yarn, and pull the new yarn through the two hooks. Chain three and turn.
- Work a treble, chain, treble into the first V shape from the previous row.
- Repeat the treble, chain, treble into the next V from the previous row and repeat until you reach the end of the row.
- Put a treble into the top of the Ch3 from the previous row, but change colour as before.
- Turn, and repeat the treble, chain, treble sequence in each V from the previous row.
Fabulous work! You’ve just learnt how to work a V stitch.
Share this video
Watch more tutorials
01:55Learn how to work a treble crochet decreaseMaster the treble crochet decrease with our easy steps!
01:19Learn how to work a double crochetWe'll show you a step-by-step guide to the double crochet stitch.