Summer Suite is an arc-shape scarf/shawlette worked outwards in a Tunisian crochet rib pattern. An interplay of increases and decreases forms fanciful leaf lines opening up carnation-like flowers edged with loops, created by a chained bind-off.
The pattern contains both fully written instructions and a chart.
- Tunisian simple stitch
- Twisted Tunisian simple stitch
- Tunisian knit stitch
- Tunisian extended stitch
- Increase in back ridge of horizontal chain
- Full stitch increase
- Return pass decrease
- Binding off in pattern
- Managing a large number of stitches in a row
- Reading charts OR following row-by-row written instructions
You can find a Tunisian crochet photo-glossary on my website.
Materials and Tools
- Approx. 500yd/457m of fingering weight/4-ply yarn (Sample shown in Fyberspates Scrumptious 4-ply: 45% silk, 55% superwash merino, 399yd/365m per 100g skein, shade 301 Cherry, 1.25 skeins)
- Tunisian crochet hook with extension in size H 8/5mm or size needed to achieve gauge
- Standard crochet hook in size D 3/3.25mm
- Approx. 24 removable stitch markers
- Yarn needle for weaving in ends