This sock was designed for Sock Madness 5.
A few hints for successful socks:
- There are two download files. The first contains the pattern instructions and all the charts. The second contains just the charts -- but in an enlarged view for easier reading, cutting, and taping.
- The leg has no shaping. You may want to consider using a larger size needle for the cast-on and cuff, then going down a needle size as you approach the ankle.
- Although the front and back of the leg seem identical they do differ in the final four rounds.
- Be careful not to miss the two M1 increases in the first round of the instep as they can be difficult to see, particularly if you use the small chart.
- [Julie], one of the wonderful Sock Madness mods very generously created videos of the [cast-on] and [braid]. If you're having trouble with either of those techniques go check out her videos.
Finally, this pattern includes just a single size (72st leg). An 80st version is in the works