Lillebror & Saami
• As there are two colors, I have made two versions: Lillebror (patterned gusset) and Saami (ribbed gusset)
• The socks are worked toe-up on (1 or 2) circular needle(s), starting with [Judy’s Magic Cast On]. Please use dpn’s if you like.
• The toe and gusset are patterned, the foot sole is entirely in Stockinette stitch.
• The socks feature ‘gusset and flap’ heels: gusset increases are worked on upper foot, the reinforced heel is turned with short rows, then the gusset stitches are decreased away as the reinforced heel flap is worked.
• Short-row turns for heel turn are concealed by wrapping a stitch at each turn. On transition row, work each wrap with the stitch it wraps, as follows: To knit a stitch with its wrap on the left side of the heel turn, insert right needle under front of wrap and into knit stitch, and knit together. To knit a stitch with its wrap on the right side of the heel turn, insert right needle under front of wrap and into knit stitch, and knit together