Andean Winter Poncho
A cozy, winter-weight poncho that knits up quickly with chunky yarn. This poncho has a strong graphic look with its stylized snowflake and heavy contrast between the main and the contrast color used.
The poncho starts at the top rib, working in the round through the colorwork and then evolving into a cabled base. The finish is a few rounds of garter sts and more colorwork. A fun, quick knit with lots of variety to keep the knitting interesting.
The directions are charted and round by round and the final poncho fits adult S-L (as shown) with directions for making a larger size to fit up to 3X in parentheses.
• Chunky wool/wool-blend yarn - sample shown used Knit Picks Swish Bulky (washable merino wool)
o MC = Bare = 525 (710 yards)
o CC = Hollyberry = 195 (270 yards)
• US #6 (#8) circs (16-inch)
• US #11 circs (24- and 40-inch)
• 6 (8) stitch markers (to mark beginning of round and pattern repeats/cable increases)
• 2 cable needles or dpn to hold sts wh