Mossy Baby Bloomers and Pixie Hat
The bloomers are worked flat in two pieces and knitted in double moss stitch, with a rib on the waist with holes for a waist cord. The pixie bonnet is knitted in one flat piece from the casting on rib edge and working towards the back of the bonnet in double moss stitch, where it has a soft shaping for a close fit.
- Experience level: Advanced Beginner
- Yarn: DK weight yarn
- Tension: 24 stitches x 44 rows = 10cm / 4” in double moss stitch with 3,5mm (US 4) needles.
- Yardage: For the bloomers: approx.200-340 meters depending on size For the bonnet: approx. 100-175 meters depending on size
- Needles: - 3,5mm (US 4) straight or circular needles and, if you are knitting the i-cord, you also need 3,5mm (US 4) double pointed needles, but you can also use a crochet hook or a cord mill...
- Knitting techniques: Knit, Purl, simple increases and decreases, picking up stitches...
- Languages: English and Portuguese