Maple Baby Overalls
These baby overalls are worked with raglan increases from the top down. We start knitting flat until the crotch. Then the legs and sleeves can be knitted flat or in the round. Smaller needles are used on the ribs for a better fit. The button/buttonhole bands are picked up and knitted afterwards.
- Experience level: Advanced Beginner
- Yarn: DK weight yarn
- Tension: 25 stitches x 34 rows = 10cm / 4” in stocking stitch with 3,5mm (US 4) needles.
- Yardage: approx. 375-860 meters depending on size
- Needles:- 3,5mm (US 4) circular needles 60/80cm (24”/32”) and, if you knit the sleeves and legs in the round using the magic loop technique, 100cm (40”) (if you prefer you can use DPN's). - 3mm (US 2,5) straight, circular or double pointed needles (if you work in the round), to knit the ribs.
- Knitting techniques: Knitting flat or in the round, simple increases and decreases, picking up sts.
-Languages: English and Portuguese