Here's a knitting pattern for a hexagonal potholder with a flower motif. It starts with a provisional CO, is knitted in short row wedges and finished with grafting in garter stitch. Since this is an intarsia project with two colours that also uses short rows, it can be quite fiddly. It is NOT a beginner pattern.
The patter PDF contains:
- row-by-row instructions for knitting this piece – including five photos
- brief explanation on how to adapt the pattern for a variation with different petal colours (see 3rd photo)
- pattern charts for one wedge of the original pattern and the variation
- short photo tutorials for: provisional CO with a crochet hook and how to undo it, grafting in garter stitch, short rows with wrap and turn and picking up the wraps, intarsia knitting, weaving in yarn while carrying it (backwards and forwards)
- step-by-step explanations undoing the provisional CO in this pattern (i.e. catching stitches in different colours), grafting with colour changes