21 patterns you couldn't get enough of in 2021Published on 17 December 2021 4 min read
In a year that has been anything but normal, crafting has helped us find pockets of calm and solace when we needed it most. As we look back on 2021, we're blown away by the breadth of projects you've created! You've been thrifty, you've been adventurous, and you've wowed us with your fabulous creations! Crafting has also made the world a little bit nicer to live in. You downloaded our endangered species patterns in support of World Land Trust, who have funded 115,758 new trees since January. You helped us sponsor a Sister with Women for Women International. And through your support, we've been able to help Knit for Peace send craft kits to Afghan refugees. Thank you, makers, for being part our journey this year. Here are the top 21 patterns you loved in 2021.
1. Everyone was making this Stash Buster patchwork cardigan
This big cool slouchy knitted cardigan pattern was one of your fave knitting patterns this year! What better way to use up all that leftover yarn, than to transform it into a thrifty wardrobe staple you'll love wearing every season.
2. You were loving these little Dinos
This cute free squishy dino pattern ended up being one of the most downloaded projects of the year!
3. You were getting your bloom on with embroidery
This pretty free floral embroidery design had all of our hearts at first stitch!
4. You were sewing your own gift bags
You generous bunch were treating your nearest and dearest to these pretty hand quilted gift bags!
5. This Fox & Bunny duo kept you busy!
This fox and bunny toy knitting pattern was a go-to for a whole bunch of you.
6. You were knitting for the whole family
This year you were making a new family tradition. 2021 was the year of homemade hats, for everyone!
7. You were saying it loud and proud with cross-stitch
This year you were speaking up with hand-stitched lettering to customise all your favourite accessories!
8. You were hitting the farmers market with handmade totes
Many of you were going green with this zesty grocery tote bag, handmade by yours truly.
9. You were spending your summer days with this dreamy cardi pattern
Many of you couldn't get enough of this beautiful cardigan crochet pattern, and for good reason! Soft, cool and perfect for a sun-chasing adventure.
10. This bee pattern was making a buzz
With our planet's precious bee population fighting for their survival, they were front and foremost on you mind when it came to making. This free cross-stitch pattern was a top trend!
11. Dog-lovers were making themselves known
This adorable Dapper Dachshund pattern by Tilda was one of your most popular pattern downloads of the year. Who wouldn't want this cute little sausage!
12. This baby blanket was making you gaga
All over the globe babies were snuggling up with this beautiful beginner crochet Clarissa Blanket.
13. You were loving this beginner cardigan
Effortlessly slouchy in the softest chunky yarns, this beautiful cardi was once of your wardrobe essentials in 2021.
14. This cross-stitch pattern was coming up roses
You loved stitching this pretty bouquet with this free cross-stitch pattern!
15. You were feeling fruity with this pineapple amigurumi
This cute little pineapple pattern was bringing a smile to a whole bunch of makers! Who says you can't stitch yourself happy?
16. You were getting organised with these homemade mini baskets
For many of us, being at home has meant decluttering and these handy mini crochet basket projects have been the ultimate clear-out hack.
17. You've been making this Rosy Garden baby set
You've been tentatively knitting this bonnet, blanket, bootie and cardigan set for the little bundle of joy in your world this year.
18. You've been keeping your toes toasty with this slipper sock pattern
Cosy is what we do, and it doesn't get more toasty than these Debbie Bliss slippers. No wonder they were one of your fave makes!
19. You've been loving this Granny squares tote bag
This year you've been rocking the granny square and this cool retro tote for beginners has been top of your making list!
20. You were having a whale of a time with Wallace and Wanda
This plushy whale amigurumi duo was making a splash in 2021. So cute and squidgy we wouldn't get enough!
21. You were crocheting sunbeams with this free sweater pattern
This mellow yellow sweater was making a whole bunch of you happy in bright zappy mustard!