Even though cute little these hearts are 3-dimensional they are knitted back and forth. They are constructed of short rows and knitted all in garter stitch. They come in three different sizes.
They may also be a lovely way to practice your knitting skills – especially magic CO and grafting in garter stitch. As to the name, “Herzchen” is the German word for little heart.
This is NOT a beginner pattern. In order to knit one of these hearts, you need the following knitting skills:
- Magic CO
- Short rows with wrap and turn
- Grafting in garter stitch
- Basic increases and decreases (kfb and ssk)
The 10 page patter PDF contains:
- an explanation of the general construction
- six explanatory photos
- row-by-row patterns for these hearts in 3 sizes
- charts for hearts in 2 sizes