Calendula Kids Cardigan
This cardigan is worked with raglan shaping from the top down in stocking stitch. In this pattern the sleeves are knitted flat, but if are a more experienced knitter you can easily work them in the round using double pointed needles. The buttons/buttonholes bands are picked up and worked after the body is knitted. Stitch counting charts for the raglan increases are given for each size in the pattern.
- Experience level: Advanced Beginner
- Yarn: Aran weight yarn
- Tension: 17 stitches x 24 rows = 10cm / 4” in stockinette stitch with 5mm (US 8) needles.
- Yardage: approx. 180-900 meters depending on size
- Needles: - 5mm (US 8) circular or straight needles - 4mm (US 6) circular or straight needles
- Knitting techniques: Knit, Purl, simple increases and decreases, picking up stitches, cast off in pattern
-Languages: English and Portuguese